News Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Google+ By News Highland – March 15, 2014 WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest Google+ WhatsApp Previous articleUpdate: Gardai appeal for witnesses to fatal Buncrana collision in which teenager diedNext articleCastlefinn digester refusal appealed to An Bord Pleanala News Highland Pinterest Ambulance response targets not being met in the North West Twitter Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Facebook The Irish Times has today published figures showing that a large number of ambulances are missing target response times, particularly outside Dublin.In cases involving cardiac or respiritory arrest, 62.5% of calls in Donegal, Leitrim and Sligo arrived within 19 minutes in December 2013, slightly below the national average of 66%.The HSE’s target figure is 70%.Meanwhile, documents released to the paper by Hiqa show the former director of the National Ambulance Service, Robert Morton, warned in late 2011 that ambulance response time targets being drawn up by the authority could not be achieved without an additional 400 staff and an investment of an extra €30 million. In early 2012 he told Hiqa “no extra resources” were forthcoming that year.
Broward County Sheriff(PARKLAND, Fla.) — Florida prosecutors intend to seek the death penalty against the 19-year-old suspect in the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.Broward County State Attorney Michael Satz said Tuesday that he has formally submitted a “notice of intent to seek the death penalty” with the Broward County Clerk of Courts against Nikolas Cruz, who allegedly killed 17 people during the Valentine’s Day rampage at the Parkland, Florida, school.Cruz’s attorney, Broward County Public Defender Howard Finkelstein, said in a statement to ABC News that the move by prosecutors “was not unexpected.”Finkelstein has previously said he would have Cruz plead guilty if prosecutors agreed not to seek the death penalty, a deal he said was still on the table.“We still stand ready to immediately plead guilty to all counts — to 34 consecutive life sentences without parole,” Finkelstein said.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved. read more